Disclosure: We are a professional site that receives commission from the companies whose Services we advertise and only when you have committed to buy do we receive a commission. Click here for details.
Anyone can complete a yoga course online.
I think of yoga teachers as a secret society of warriors.
There is your local yoga teacher whose class you cannot miss. Then there is the travel yoga teacher who travels the world hosting convention sized classes and spreads the love to millions of yogis through their instagrams.
At work there might be that person who blends in just like you.
In class there might be another person who bends just like you.
At the mall there is most probably another who spends just like you.
This could very well happen to be a yoga teacher.
Yoga teachers range from the celebrity to the non-practicing, and all share the experience of yoga teacher training (YTT).
If you have thought about a yoga teacher training before, here several reasons to take the leap:
- Deepen Your Physical Practice – Yoga training programs bring students of all physical levels together to learn from each other’s different:
- Body types
- Flexibility levels
Watching a fellow classmate nail her first headstand was a personal victory for me during my training.
Do you often wish that your Yoga Teacher would forget about those awkward poses that you can never seem to get a grip on?
No More, you will find yourself learning to love them as you study and embody the correct alignment, modifications and benefits of each pose in detail.
- Adapt To Learn Some Skills – Whether you need additional training hours for an eastern studies major, or want to become self-employed, earning your Certified Yoga Teacher Certificate is something to add to the long list of things you are already skilled at. Once you have completed your training you will officially be eligible to to Teach.
- Once You Are Certified– You will be able to access tips for starting your own studio, finding new students, and earning additional training hours. Becoming a yoga teacher offers the freedom of self employment as well as the flexibility of teaching both locally and internationally. The omnipresence of yoga means the world truly is your oyster.
- Find Your Yoga Family – If there is one underrated benefit of Yoga programs, it is that yoga has a family which would enable you to stay connected years after your last Warrior Pose.
- Delving Deep Into Practice – While delving deep into your own spiritual and physical practice, you will be supporting the journey of those around you and creating a new support network of Yogis. Imagine visiting Your yoga family in places as far as India and as close as your own community.
- Mental and Physical Challenges – One of my favorite quotes my yoga teacher imparted upon me during training was
As a beginner your mind is in a million pieces and your body is whole.
As a master your body is in a million pieces and your mind is whole.
As you begin to deepen your physical practice and add components of meditation, chanting, and perhaps some restorative asana, you will find myself become more physically and mentally agile.
- Challenging Yourself – challenged yourself through enjoyable hours of physical practice each day, you will learn that the asanas only comprise one of eight limbs of yoga. You will began to explore all of the other practices to develop a balanced lifestyle.
- Spirituality Exploration – I find that many people who deepen their yoga practice through teacher training leave with a spiritual practice rooted in the understanding that we as people are all very connected even if we share different beliefs. Yoga serves to help to quieten our thoughts and as you learn to achieve this you will find that the quiet mind will guide you to attune to your true selves. This awareness provides the means to live a more conscious lifestyle and focus on what matters most.
- Don’t Delay Become A Teacher: Once you have completed your Yoga Teacher Training Certificate you will be a teacher! Use this power to develop your own unique teaching style that is authentic and mindful. Think back to teachers who made an positive impact on your life and strive to pay it forward to your own students. As a teacher, you have the opportunity to give back not only to your students but also to those who may not have access to yoga. Seek out karma yoga opportunities in local senior centers, prisons, primary schools, and other community outlets.
Now that you have all of the reasons to become a yoga teacher, you will find unending options to complete your training.
Become a Certified Yoga Instructor Online!
The Adventurous Yogi: If you are reading this article, you have most likely have attended a festival. YogaDownloads provides a unique teacher training format comprised modules and a pre and post training session. These modules give you a head-start on the festival magic while providing you your own serene and your own diverse environment to learn each new module.
The Dedicated Yogi: You will know when it is your time to dedicate time to your yoga teacher certification. I highly recommend the format due to its highly focused and thorough nature.
Take into consideration your present time commitments, lifestyle and learning style to find the right program for you.
Once you have decided, prepare yourself for intense learning, new friends, and plenty of yoga!